Street Fights Saturday Night
Think you got a smokin' ride? Well here's your chance to prove it! Bring your car. Bring your bike. Bring your Mom's Mini-Van. JUST BRING IT!
Street Fights Saturday Night gives anyone the chance to tackle the strip in legendary Thunder Valley. All street-legal vehicles, from muscle cars to minivans and motorcycles, are welcome to compete at Street Fights. The schedule will consist of 6 select Saturday events in 2019. Each event will feature Drifting, a Car Show, and much more!
Street Fights brings a lot more than just head-to-head street legal racing to the table. Yes, you can race your buddy, or try to top your last run down Thunder Valley's quarter-mile, but there's much, much more. Each event night serves up fun and exciting promotions, many of which racers and spectators can take home valuable prizes. The 2019 Street Fights Season consists of 6 Saturday events from April through October. Come out and join the fun!
$10 to watch, $15 to race; Trailered Racer: $20; Children 12 & under are free
2019 Event Schedule
- To Watch - $10
- To Drag Race - $15
- Trailered Racers - $20
- Summer Showcase Participant - Additional $10 (Paid Online Pre-Event To Nightshift Garage)
- Street Car Showdown Participant - $30 (Includes Car/Driver At That Street Fight)
- Drifting Participant - $75 (Paid Online Pre-Event To East10Drift)
- Drifting Clinic Spot - $175 (Included Participant Fee, Paid Online Pre-Event To East10Drift)
- Drifting Ride-Along - $15 Per Ride (Paid At The Event At The Drifting Tent)
Summer Showcase Pres. By NSG
At Every 2019 Street Fight Saturday Night!
A new staple to Street Fights Saturday Night is the inclusion of the Summer Showcase presented by Nightshift Garage. This show-n-shine event is open all makes and models, and will showcase the nicest cars in the region.
Nightshift Garage Summer Showcase is an automotive gathering of cars from all across the region – part competition, part celebration of automotive enthusiasts and the machines they’ve built. Join us for a festival of speed and style in the Summer Showcase.
To put your car in the show, register your vehicle with Nightshift Garage, and pay your $10 registration fee to them online(Does not include admission into event).
For registration and more information, visit https://thenightshiftgarage.com/. You won't want to miss this collection of cars.
Nightly awards will be given out in the following categories:
- Best Import
- Best Domestic
- Best Euro
- Best Overall
Other activities include:
- Car Limbo
- Each Show Entry Automatically Entered for NRG Steering Wheel Giveaway
- Car Detail Giveaway At The Event
Nightshift Garage is an Automotive lifestyle brand and media company. They believe in content for enthusiasts by enthusiasts. They share a deep rooted passion that was created by the hours spent and sweat poured to create something that they're proud of. They're dedicated to helping those enthusiasts show off their style and voice in our local communities through the content they create.
At Every Street Fight Saturday Night Event in 2018!
East10Drift has partnered with Bristol Dragway for another exciting Street Fights Season! Come #supportlocaldrift and be apart of the action!
Visit http://east10drift.com/ for more information on registration, their full season schedule, and more!
Register to participate as a driver to practice, sharpen your skills, or tandem with fellow racers!
- Driver Registration is $75.
New in 2018: Each Street Fight Saturday Night will offer the opportunity for you to have your own personal drift instructor at the East10Drift Clinic!
- Clinic Spots Are An Additional $100.
- Instructor Availability Limited To 4 Spots Per Event
Ride-Alongs: Ride-Alongs will be offered, but limited at every Street Fight Saturday Night event in 2018! the following rules apply:
- Cost is $15 Per Ride
- Riders Must Be 18 Years Or Older
- Riders Under The Age Of 10 Must Have Both Parents Present To Sign A Release Form.
- Riders Must Be Able To Properly Fit And Be Fastened Down To The Seat
- Helmets Must Properly Fit With No Free Range Of Motion
- Riders Are Encouraged To Bring Their Own Helmets
- Helmets Must Be DOT Or SNELL Approved (No Older Than SA2010)
- No Open Face Or BMX Helmets Allowed
Street Car Showdown
To Be Announced - 2019 Dates
- Street Extreme (10.00 Seconds-Slower)
- Street Bandit (11.00 Seconds-Slower)
- Street Driver (12.00 Seconds-Slower)
Daily Event Schedule:
- Gates Open: 5:00 PM
- Qualifying Begins: 6:00 PM (Lanes Close For Competitors To Attempt To Qualify At 6:00 PM)
- Racing: 7:30 PM
Qualify the Top 8 into each class during the 6:00 PM qualifying session. Round opponents and lane choice will be chose by Poker Chip draw each round. Contestants that win their race will come back down the return road for their next round immediately following their race. Cars that have issues or take an excess amount of time will be deemed out of the race. If you run faster than your class allows, you lose. (Example – Street Driver runs 10.92 in the 11.00 or slower class, he loses the race.) Instant Green Start will be in effect.
- All Tires must be DOT legal, and also 315 MM (12.5 Inches) or Smaller. Tech will be checking.
- No Delay Boxes (Trans Brake Permitted), Timing Systems Aids, and other Bracket Racing aids.
- Full Stock Appearing Interior, OEM Type Glass Required. (Windows must roll down)
- Rear Seat Deletes Allowed.
- Current Insurance Card, Tags, & Registration to be checked at Tech.
- Cars must be tagged, titled, working headlights, taillights, turn signal, etc.
- No Tube Chassis Front or Back
- No Rules for Weight Brakes, Engine Size, Power Adders, Etc.
- You must choose your index at the ticket booth.
- It is suggested that all racer park together in the Sportsman Lot (Where tech is) to be able to find participants easier.
- $30 For Car/Driver
Trophies to Winner & Runner-Up of each class.
If you do not make the field in your class, the racer will receive a voucher for a free Street Fight Racer pass for later in the year, and you can run the rest of the night as one as well.
MINORS: Anyone UNDER the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver form in front of a Bristol Dragway official to either ride or drive during Street Fights. The waiver is good for the entire 2017 Street Fights season.
CHASSIS: All vehicles must have functional doors. Any car or truck running quicker than 11.50 in the quarter mile must have a roll-bar (See NHRA rulebook for additional requirements).
LIGHTS: All vehicles must have functional headlights and taillights. Aftermarket lights are ok, but flashlights and equipment of that nature are not allowed.
NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH: All vehicles MUST be equipped with a neutral safety or clutch interlock switch.
EXHAUST: All cars and trucks MUST have working mufflers. No open exhaust allowed.
CLOTHING: Anyone driving or riding as a passenger in a car or truck while racing MUST wear long pants and a shirt with sleeves that cover the shoulder. No shorts, skirts, tank tops, or halter tops allowed while racing.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Anyone driving or riding as a passenger in a car or truck while racing MUST wear a seat belt. Any car or truck running quicker than a 13.99 ET in the quarter-mile WILL NOT be allowed to have a passenger and the driver MUST wear a helmet.
DRIVER LICENSE: Anyone racing a car or truck MUST have a valid driver's license from their state of residence.
AGE REQUIREMENT: Anyone riding as a passenger in a car or truck while racing MUST be at least 16 years old and signed a Release Waiver. Motorcycles and 4-Wheel ATV's
LIGHTS: All motorcycles and 4-wheel ATV’s must have functional headlights and taillights. Aftermarket lights are ok, but flashlights and equipment of that nature are not allowed.
EXHAUST: All motorcycles and 4-wheel ATV's MUST have working mufflers. No open exhaust allowed.
CLOTHING/SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Anyone racing a motorcycle or 4-wheel ATV in the quarter-mile or going faster than 120 MPH MUST wear full leathers (pants jacket), full fingered gloves, high-top boots and a helmet. Any rider who does NOT have leather pants will be allowed to run 1/8 mile and MUST go slower than 120 MPH. Leather jacket, full fingered gloves, high-top boots and helmet are required for ALL motorcycle and 4-wheel ATV competitors.
DRIVER LICENSE: Motorcycle drivers MUST have a valid motorcycle driver's license from their state of residence. 4-wheel ATV drivers MUST have a valid driver's license from their state of residence.
PASSENGER: Passengers will NOT be allowed on any motorcycle or ATV while racing. General Rules
TECH: All cars, trucks, motorcycles, and 4-wheel ATV's MUST purchase a tech card at the front gate, fill the card out/sign it, and take the tech card along with your vehicle to tech before being allowed to race.
SPEED LIMIT: The speed limit anywhere in the pit area of the racing facility is 5 MPH. The pit area is anywhere except the racing surface. ANYONE CAUGHT EXCEEDING THE 5 MPH SPEED LIMIT WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT.
ET BOOTH: All racers must come to a complete stop at the ET Booth when picking up their time slip. Racers are not to leave the ET Booth under excessive speed or by doing a burn-out. ANY RACER DISREGARDING THE ABOVE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE EVENT.
SAFETY: For additional equipment and safety rules/guidelines please refer to the current NHRA rulebook.